Flexible and business-minded project management professional with 10 years’ project management experience across a broad range of large complex projects within varied industry segments. Proven track record of combining ingenuity, strong coordination and stakeholder communications and management skills, coupled with well-developed Agile DSDM/SCRUM, PMBOK, Waterfall project delivery methodologies and customer centricity skills and a drive to support strategic business efforts, increase business process efficiencies to position companies and shareholders for success.
Current Issues in Networking
Information Systems Development
Commercial Website Development
Project and Dissertation
Information Systems Project Management
Management Issues in Telecommunications
Project Scope Management
Project Time Management
Project Cost Management
Project Quality Management
Project Human Resource Management
Project Communications Management
Project Risk Management
Project Procurement Management
Project Stakeholder Management
• Deliver in-house, onsite Project Management methodologies coaching, facilitated workshops and services focusing on global best practices.
• Provide business development and consultancy services, project management and implementation of business plans and strategies for clients.
• Utilise local, national and regional networks, contacts and experience to source suitably qualified and experienced technical resources for various technical ad-hoc and term placements for clients as and when required.
• Scheduled and coordinated site acquisitions with stakeholders, supervised site planning, prepared project plans, and drove plans through to successful completion, managing and tracking effort and progress.
• Mentored and provided clear leadership and motivation to the teams, and ensured project teams adhered to prescribed SHEQ compliance and Health and Safety act.
• Presided over project commercial contracts and SLAs, prepared and managed project budget making informed decisions on various options presented.
• Mitigated risks and addressed issues, highlighting and communicating those with a potential for none or late delivery, to ensure timely completion of project milestones.
• Managed the end-to-end development lifecycle of packaged, off-the-shelf and bespoke data-driven OSS/BSS, VAS, Insight and Analytics, Customer Value Management and Data Management software projects for key clients that achieved sales revenues of $3 million in 2015.
• Played a pivotal and central role in mobilizing business, technical and delivery aspects of projects, planning, managing and providing high-level management direction and co-ordination, scheduling and monitoring progress against baselined high level plans.
• Managed project overall configuration, risk and escalated problems, issues and concerns.
• Monitored business involvement within the Scrum Teams, motivating them to meet their objectives and to handle difficult situations where sensible. Resourced specialist roles as required.
• Reported on quarterly revenue targets to executive and stakeholders.
• Produced Project Closure Reports to review and validate the success of projects, outlining project highlights and best practices for future projects.
• Provided end-to-end project leadership and oversight in collating project requirements, defining scope, dependencies and key success factors, project planning and scheduling well defined milestones.
• Established effective management of project deliverables, action items, and proactively managed risks, issues, concerns whilst ensuring strict compliance with Health and Safety of project resources.
• Managed supplier/contractor commercial contracts, and ensured SLAs are met on all projects.
• Engaged professionally with senior management, internal and external stakeholders and provided regular and adhoc project status reporting to stakeholders.
• Completed, commissioned, integrated and handed over 246, 2G/3G GSM RAN Swap out sites and 72 Microwave links on the Warid Telecommunications, Uganda project; 68, IP Backhaul links for the MTN South Africa Western Cape region project; and 108, 3G/LTE Telkom 8ta sites in the Western Cape.
• Managed budgets ranging from $2 million to $10 million.
• Formally closed project and presented project closure documentation evaluating and highlighting project key successes against set KPIs and recommendations for future process improvements.
• Established project resource requirements, procured and enlisted a team of 5 subcontractor teams, determined and distributed work packages leveraging their individual capacities, and mentored them to acceptable project management, health and safety and quality standards.
• Provided overall project leadership, direction and support, ensuring business process improvement and taking charge of change management and authorization.
• Presided over site commissioning, testing, optimization/drive testing, provisional and final client acceptance sign-off, invoicing and securing payments.
• Established a rollout program incorporating site acquisition, planning, design and implementation of civil works, Tower, RAN, Microwave Transmission and Power installations.
• Produced program budget, shortlisted and procured suppliers, subcontractors, engineers and program resources, and strategically managed the program end-to-end achieving a revenue target of $75mil.
• Provided complete oversight, responsibility, accountability, overall direction and coordination of project activities, subcontractors and teams ensuring project milestones are achieved within agreed scope, timelines and budget.
• Served as the key project reporting interface on weekly and monthly stakeholder reporting panels.